Sunday, February 11, 2007

A confession of a broken heart

For almost all of my life, I never truly believed in the power of love. I never saw it in my life. Growing up, I didn't have a model of what true love is. I hated Valentine's Day ever since 1991. I've never had a good Valentine's Day and I've never spent it with any particular boy.

But this year, it's gonna be different. For a change, I would 'embrace' Valentine's Day... not as a day for couples but simply a day to celebrate love. I was conceived probably on Valentine's Day... they weren't even supposed to have me because my parents had separated and had just gotten back together... then boom, 9 months later, out came ms. thang over here!

This morning before I went to my prayer meeting at church, I had a revelation. I won't reveal that revelation yet, because it's not the proper time but I know the Lord will do something awesome in my life, and in your life, for that matter.... starting this year.

"This is the day that the Lord has made
I will rejoice and be glad in it"

Lovealways,
Anne of Saipan

No comments: